To: "Hixsters (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Drew Daubenspeck
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 140919 -0600
Subject: [hix] Dan Hicks in concert, Hosuton, TX 12/07/00
Place: The Continental Club, Main Street, Houston, Texas
Featured act: Dan Hicks and the Hot Licks, featuring the Lickettes
Date: December 7, 2000
Start Time: 8:40 PM
Ending Time: 10:40 PM
Cover charge: $20.00
Audience: Standing Room Only, approx. 200
Your Hixsters in Attendance: Ed, Drew & their significant others.
Dan Hicks: Vocals, guitar, percussion
Tom Mitchell: Guitar
Ed _______: Standup Bass
Brian Godchaux: Violin and mandolin
Susan Rabin: Vocals, percussion
Trish Yates: Vocals, percussion
(The audience is wild. Screaming, hollering, applause as Dan & the band hit the stage. Dan's opening words are "Now you guys know that you're going to have to pace yourselves.")
1. Instrumental Medley - The band already appears to be having a great time. Smiles all around.
2. Canned Music - Dan already into his trademarked kicks and foot dancing.
3. Hell I'd Go - At this point the Martianettes are having way to good a time. The audience, in turn, has not let up. Laughing, Hooting and Hollering
4. Chattanooga Shoe Shine Boy - Dan introduces the song as his "Gangster Rap" number
5. Payday Blues - "Started writing this when I was 13 years old, Ladies and Gentlemen. It has been a wonderful 60 years. A great Big Fxxking 60 years."
6. Somebody Tell me the Truth
7. The Buzzard Was Their Friend - "Written in 1938 by an itinerant accountant out of Poughkeepsie New York. Been singing it for 47years and now the Hot Licks 2K are going to do it for you."
8. How Come My Cello Don't Play For You.
9. Instrumental Medley
10. I Scare Myself - "The Anthem of a Generation. A song that could have only come from the heart of a 22 year old."
11. How Can I Miss You When You Won't Go Away?
12. Dan alone sings to the tune of Don't Get Around Much Anymore" the following lyrics "I missed the toilet last night", "Went all over the floor", Cleaned it up with my toothbrush.", "Don't brush my teeth much anymore."
13. Strike It While It's Hot
14. Milk Shakin' Momma
15. The End Of A Love Affair - "This is a lounge number for our later years. When we play Holiday Inns and all our CD's are out of print."
16. I Don't Want Love
1. Wild About My Loving
2. Where's the Money
3. The band plays as Dan leave s the stage for the last time Who Could Ask For Anything More
Crowd still wildly, applauding, shouting, screaming, hollering for more.